How To Download Music To Your Coby MP3 Player
Adding MP3 (and other supported files) to your Coby player is easy using Window's Explorer. You could also install Coby's Media Manager software to add MP3 files to the player but there is no real reason to do so.
The Coby player is essentially just a flash drive. You can add supported files to it the same way you would add data files to a standard flash drive.
Adding Files to the Coby MP3 Player
* These instructions assume that you know how to use Windows Explorer to move files from one hard drive to another. If not, you will have to find a tutorial on using Windows Explorer.
- Use the supplied USB cable to connect the Coby player to your computer.
- Start Windows Explorer on your computer and find the Coby Player in the left pane of Explorer just as you would with a regular flash drive (it should appear just under the C drive).
- Expand the Coby player's folders (directories). If there is a folder named MUSIC.DIR -great, if not, create a new folder and name it MUSIC.DIR. This is where you will download your MP3 music files.
- Click on your My Music folder (or wherever you have your MP3 files stored) You can move whole folders containing MP3 files or single MP3 files to the MUSIC.DIR folder.
Playing Music On The Coby MP3 Player
The Coby gives you the choice of playing music in the following manner:
- All Songs
The Coby MP3 player uses ID3 tags embedded in nearly every MP3 music file created in Windows Media Player to organize music for playback. ID3 is a metadata container that stores (in each MP3 file) information such as the title, artist, album, track number, and genre.
Because the Coby player relies on ID3 information embedded in the MP3 file to organize music for playback, not the location of the file, MP3 files from the same album do not need to reside in the same folder on the Coby player. This is important because we can make custom folders that act like playlists without affecting playback by Artist, Album, or Genre.
Did you find this article helpful?
To check the current price click the image or button below.
DISCLAIMER: INC8.com makes no guarantee that the information presented on this web page is complete or correct. Always consult a professional when in doubt. Use of this web site and the information within is at your own risk.